Lots of good news to share with you this week as our summer season comes to a close.
Just this week: 30,000 pounds of sulfured and dried peach halves and 33,000 pounds of soup mix were packed, ready to go.
Thank you so much to the faithful volunteers who helped make our final week of the season a success. Won By One (Oregon City, Oregon) and all of our short-term and long-term volunteers, summer staff, full-time staff and their families, and backpackers from Brazil and France—thank you!
A special thank you to all of our donors, whether financial or physical donations. We could not have done this great work for the Lord without your generosity and love.
“A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.” Proverbs 11:25
SUMMER VOLUNTEER NUMBERS
846 One-week volunteers
139 Short-term volunteers
52 YWAM Mission Builders
90 One-day volunteers
19 Summer Staff – in all over 1000 people “showed up” – our theme this year.
SUMMER PRODUCTION NUMBERS
5,491 bins of peaches, producing 321,154 pounds of dried fruit – more than 7.5 full truckloads!
263,706 pounds of soup mix – more than 7.1 million servings!
“The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Luke 10:2
SHARE THE LOVE
The last Share Time of the peach season—here’s what the Gleanings volunteers shared on the open mic Friday night:
- “This is huge.”
- “Gleanings is about your butt, your heart, and your socks: You work your butt off, worship your heart out, and God blesses your socks off!”
- “Thank you for doing what you guys do. Keep going with it.”
- “Oh my goodness. This is an amazing place.”
- “There’s only one way to do it right. And that’s to do it unto the Lord.”
- “You worked super hard and I’m super proud of you all.”
- “I feel like there’s a spirit of endurance here.”
- “You are the Gleanings family. Thank you.”
“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10