The Summer Staff Internship at Gleanings For The Hungry is a dynamic, servant-leadership development program focused on mobilizing young adults to produce nutritious dried food for the hungry around the world and to serve as a team in Christian community.
Our director’s vision for the Summer Staff Internship is to see the lives of young servant leaders transformed by the love of God through daily surrender. “At the end of every summer season our team gathers at the gates of Gleanings and applauds as each Summer Staff intern drives away transformed.” -Andy Rotunno, Summer Staff Internship Director.
Our team’s mission is made up of five verbs:
- PROMISE with one another graciously for the way we will think, speak and act together
- LEAD by being an example of Christ-like servant leadership to the Gleanings family and community
- FEED the poor and needy by working hard, smart and safe as a team to make dried fruit and soup mix
- RE-FUEL by resting well consistently, and by making healthy choices as individuals for the sake of the team
- CELEBRATE the presence of God, our growing relationships, the reaching of goals, and safe, quality work
The Summer Staff Internship runs 13 weeks. We beginning with Launch Week, a time of team-building during the last week of May. The season ends in late August. (2020: May 24-August 22) During their time commitment young adults in the program will be welcomed, trained, challenged, coached, encouraged, mentored, evaluated, promoted , loved and thoroughly affirmed. It is our desire to offer young people the most opportunity we can within a summer. Here at Gleanings we champion young people! To learn more about specific program details download and read the Summer Staff Packet.
SUMMER STAFF BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be between 18 and 25 years of age (Some exceptions for mature applicants of 17 yrs)
- Must make a minimum commitment of 4 consecutive weeks
- The cost is $100 a month to cover costs (meals, housing, etc)
- Apply online by April 30 this year