Summer Staff Leadership Program
SUMMER 2023 DATES
- LAUNCH WEEK: May 28th – June 3rd 2023
- FRUIT PRODUCTION WITH VOLUNTEERS: June 4th – August 19th 2023
SUMMER STAFF BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Age: Must be between 18 and 25 years old
- Time: We prefer an all-summer commitment if possible. Minimum commitment of 6 consecutive weeks.
- Cost: $200 Monthly / $50 a week
- Apply: Please apply online by April 30
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Summer Staff Leadership Program at Gleanings For The Hungry is a dynamic servant-leadership development program. The program is focused on empowering young adults to lead while producing nutritious dried food for the hungry around the world and serving as a team in Christian community. Our vision for the Summer Staff is to see the lives of young servant-leaders transformed by the love of God through daily surrender. At the end of every summer season our team gathers at the front gate of Gleanings and applauds as each Summer Staff leader drives away transformed.
Our team’s mission is made up of six verbs:
- PROMISE with one another graciously for the way we will think, speak and act together
- LEAD by being an example of Christ-like servant leadership to the Gleanings family and community
- FEED the poor and needy by working hard, smart and safe as a team to make dried fruit and soup mix
- RE-FUEL by resting well consistently, and by making healthy choices as individuals for the sake of the team
- CELEBRATE the presence of God, our growing relationships, the reaching of goals, and safe, quality work
- SHARE Christ, His love and His Gospel, our lives openly, and our stories vulnerably with others
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Summer Staff Leadership Program runs 12 weeks. We beginning with Launch Week, a time of team-building and training during the last week of May. The season ends in late August. During their time commitment young adults in the program will be welcomed, trained, challenged, coached, encouraged, mentored, evaluated, promoted, empowered, loved and affirmed. It is our desire to offer young people the most opportunity we can within a summer. Here at Gleanings we champion young people! To learn more about specific program details download and read the summer staff packet!
Britta Jones, Summer Staff Internship Director [email protected]
Fritz Meier, Gleanings For The Hungry Base Director [email protected]