Three truckloads of food went out this week, carrying over 122,000 pounds of dried soup to hungry people in Guatemala and Ukraine.
In addition to soup, 2,219 pounds of donated raisins and 391 pounds of water filters are headed to Eric and Lisa Rivera in Guatemala! Eric and Lisa used to be on staff here at Gleanings for the Hungry, and now they are living in Guatemala, distributing Gleanings food to starving children every day. It is such a privilege to be a part of worldwide food relief—all in the name of Jesus Christ.
PREPARING for PEACH SEASON
Gleanings had two weeks off before the summer season started, but a lot of projects were completed during that time: the field is now prepared for the first trays of fruit to be laid out, bunkbeds are in the dorm rooms, the kitchen freezer is re-built, the kitchen has a new coat of paint, and summer staff interns have arrived.
If it were not for the hard work of many full-time Gleanings staff and Mission Builders, we would not have been able to get so many projects completed. Thank you so much for all of your faithful service to us, the ministry, and the Lord!
WELCOMING SUMMER STAFF
The Summer Staff program, led by new staff member Andy Rotunno, began with worship and devotions in the peach plant, a trip to the Hume Lake high ropes course, and Strengths Finder team training. It has been a week of bonding, planning, and preparing, as we look ahead to the first week of peach production. The first teams arrive on June 4.
Thank you so much for your faithfulness to pray for us in our full-time ministry to the poor and needy. Please continue to pray for:
- Summer Staff to grow in their talents and leadership skills, and to grow closer to the Lord
- Safety for all the teams as they travel here this summer, and safety for everyone working to process the peaches
- Blessings over all volunteers and all donors
- Food that is en route to hungry people—customs, delivery, distribution
- People receiving the food to receive nourishment, rejuvenation, and hope in Christ
- Discipleship Training School (DTS) starting in the fall
- The Holy Spirit to guide us and cover us in all we do
- Gleanings staff and their families—provision, strength, peace
“Who provides food for the raven when its young cry out to God and wander about for lack of food?” Job 38:41